Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A dream realized....

I have a confession to make. A secret. It's totally dorky I'll admit that right up front. I have had this dream of owning a collection of 'feistaware' ever since I met someone when I was 15 years old with a collection. But since it is $50.00 for a mug, a soup bowl, a salad plate, and a dinner plate....Well, let's just say with three kids multicolored china dreams take a backseat to diapers, clothing, and food. AND I'm okay with that, but I still harbor the dream of someday owning something like this:Filled with this glorious fiestaware:It's a silly, kind of dorky but a girl can dream, right? Hey, some people collect dolls. I hardly have told anyone that I want to collect dishes. So, I was a little surprised when I got a package today with:
My very first set of Feistaware!!!! Sent by my mommy. I nearly cried! So I'd like to introduce my blog to by fourth child: Sunflower Feistaware Jensen. I love them so much. Now, I just need to collect 4 more sets and we can actually eat dinner! Thank you Mommy!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. My most prized items are a set of old Pyrex rainbow bowls out of my grandmothers house....I dreamed for years and last Christmas my mommy removed them from her kitchen and wrapped them. Its my only item in the house that is "don't touch... and if you break you'd better RUN!" See..you're not a silly girl at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want just the yellow or a rainbow of colors? I wonder if you could find some at the resale stores or ebay. Lots of people collect dishes, so don't feel like you're weird. My mother collected yarn, embroidery thread, angels, paperback books, colored plastic baskets & pens...My grandmother collected decorative cups/saucers & birds. I collect dust.

    ReplyDelete