Thursday, May 19, 2011

10 things I should know by now...

1. How to lose this baby weight. (or better yet, how to not gain it in the first place.)

2. How to forgive.

3. How to make cinnamon rolls from scratch.

4. How to be organized. (at least by the world's standards of organization.)

5.
How I can be so different from my own mother. I mean seriously: she can sew, crochet, knit, is hyper organized, smart, good at everything she's ever done, as far as I know never touched a recipe and still manages to be the best cook I've ever known. Plus she has this weird grandma ESP where if the kids are needing ANYTHING, socks or jackets...*poof* they are in the mail the next day. How is it possible that so much awesomeness skipped a generation?

6. How to talk on the telephone, a skill I seriously lack. I've never figured out how you are supposed to end a conversation.

7. When to shut up.

8. How to stand up for myself.

9. How to say 'no'.

10. Why life is so much easier for everybody else.

1 comment:

  1. It only seems like everybody's life is easier. All people have challenges - just in different ways. You do a great job Emily. Glad that I have the opportunity to know you!!

    ReplyDelete