Saturday, May 21, 2011

It's wedding season...


This wedding season has me thinking about my own wedding. It was so precious, so wonderful...and so cheap. Daniel and I spent less then $1,000 on our nuptials and that includes the rings and dress. As I watch all these 'slightly' older brides get married, 5.5 years after my own wedding, I can see HUGE differences: Tailored gowns, gorgeous hair and makeup, huge flowers, centerpieces, and beautiful photography.

Would I change it? Well, that's a silly question Self, because I can't. But you bring up an interesting point Self and I think the question you really want to ask is...Do you feel left out? And I'd have to say yes.

There were so many pros to getting married young and not spending too much moolaah . We started out our married life with only our student loan debt. My husband was so proud to see me wearing his grandmother's ring. We got married because we loved each other genuinely and couldn't wait to start our lives together. (among other things of course)

But, I missed out on feeling really beautiful, and having the dress I wanted instead of the one that we could afford. I miss being able to look at beautiful photographs of our special day, instead of the hodge podge of photos our friends and family took. AND I really miss my family not being happy or proud that day.

Having those things wouldn't change the result though. I married the kind of wonderful man that doesn't exist in the really world so much anymore. Together we built a sweet little life. It really wouldn't have changed a thing.

So, what have we learned here? eh... nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment