Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fairon

I'm going to throw people for a loop and actually blog two WHOLE days in a row. I thought it was only a natural progression that I tell you how about Miss Fairon Nicole. She just turned THREE!

You know how people, when they say something negative about their child, always immediately follow it up with how much they love them? Gosh that annoys me. I just like when people tell the truth. I know you love your child even if you are struggling with them. 

Fairon is a stinker. She is a challenge. She is difficult. She is strong willed. She is independent.  She is just like me.
AND I love her. See, it's hard not to do.

Three is a tough age. I'm not sure why people say 'terrible twos' because three is so much worse! But with Fairon she was just born this way. Everything has to be her idea. She has to master everything. Did you know that Fairon is an American variation of an Irish name Farren? Which seemingly  has a hundred different meanings that all seem to boil down to: Stubborn and Spirited.  I felt God gave me that name for her, turns out it was perfect. Perhaps I should have done some more research.

    Fairon is a little mother. She is so compassionate and empathetic. She feels ALL her feelings to their highest degree. She adores her little sister and her father, and merely tolerates me and Brighton. Fairon's affections are hard to win, but that makes them more valuable.  She is complex, wonderful, and difficult to describe. She has that X factor. We call her our little Warrior Artist.

 Fairon Likes:
Music
Calliou and Dora
Paisley
Purple
Art in every form
Praise
Reading
Everything HER Way


Fairon Dislikes:
Lima Beans
Having to accept help
Not being able to make the letter sounds, F, V, TH, X
Having to share with Brighton
Not going to preschool everyday
Shoes
Sleeping in her own bed


     She is deeply smart, but people have a hard time seeing it because she lacked language skills for almost three years. She is a total character, extremely dramatic, and expressive. It's how she first learned to  communicate. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She is an awesome combination of strong and sensitive.  I admire her and fear for her because I see so much of myself in this one. 

     She is beautiful; Always puts her shoes on the wrong feet and will fight you till the death if you suggest she did something wrong.  I have always felt really strongly that God gave me a sliver of myself to teach me, not to tame her, but to love her for who she is and ultimately to love myself.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment