Thursday, September 1, 2011

Grow, Emily, Grow.

So lately I've been thinking about my talents, or lack thereof. Especially after that talk I had with Brighton a few days ago. I guess you could say I am having some sort of quarter life crisis.(best case scenario) For the longest time, my greatest goal, was to put beautiful things out into the world. Well, I've done that. I made three beautiful wonderful little girls, but that part of my life is over now. <---not raising the girls but creating new little ones. AND I feel a little lost.

I'm 'okay' at a fair number of things. I love baking and cooking and especially eating good food, but no one is going to turn to me for cooking advice. I like scrap booking but I am just a 'beginner', and don't really have the time, or money to advance. I like to sing, but trust me...my best audience is the shower head. (besides the acoustics in the bathroom, when I belt it... PRIMO.) And while I like things organized and clean, I am so far from what you would call 'conventionally organized' and no one would call me neat. I love fashion, but I'm no super model. I like making people laugh, but have terrible stage fright. I like to do crafty stuff, but it hardly ever turns out. This blogging thing is therapeutic and I've made 50$ this month in ad revenue, so I'm not complaining, but I'm a 'drag and drop' blogger and not likely to be much more than that.

.............................................................................

Wow, the point wasn't to get myself down. It was simply to say that I am interested in expanding myself; improving myself. I'm ready to be a someone. A someone who people can say:
"Emily, she is really great at______________."

Now I just have to pick a talent to expand...
Gosh I wish I knew
what that talent was.

4 comments:

  1. Emily, she is really great at being a friend. She is also a really great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily is a really great writer. Emily would make an awesome counselor. Emily is a very good youth leader who relates well to those she is in charge of. Emily is really great at crafts even if she doesn't see it. Emily is a really great mom. Emily is really great at inspiring others because she is so real.Emily is really great at prioritizing because she know and realizes what is most important. Do I need to go on. Emily is just great all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, she is really great at always making my day just a little brighter. Emily, she is really great at raising little girls. Emily, she is really great at being a true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily is really great at being herself. She is raising three beautiful girls, takes great care of her hubby, is a great role model for young ladies in her church, she blogs about her. Family life and manages to make us all laugh and feel better about our little moments. . . Emily is amazing at being herself. Her craft is being Emily, what makes it all turn out and hold together is that everything she does is done with Love. The best glue ever made.

    ReplyDelete