Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Neurotic

Sometimes, while raising Brighton, I think I know what Woody Allen's mother must have gone through.

This morning we packed her bag for four year old preschool, and one of the assignments is to put four things in a paper bag that would tell the class about the student. So I asked Brighton her favorite things and she said: Reading, Drawing, Painting, Coloring, Scrap-booking, and her family. So I found a picture of her with her sisters, and her 'Tangled' chapter book (two birds, one stone), and a box of crayons. But we still needed one more thing. I suggested lot of things: a CD, because she loves music, a necklace because she like dress up, a picture of Jesus.

And I'm just watching her get more and more depressed. I asked her if she was excited for school and she said, "I'm excited but I'm nervous."

"Why are you nervous?"<----mom

"Because I can't jump rope."

"what?"

" I can't jump rope, and everyone else can. I can't ride a bike and everyone else can. I can't swim and everyone else can. Everyone else is good at lots of things and I am not."

I tried my best to help her find her talents: She tells amazing jokes and loves to make people laugh, she has a beautiful voice and if you put anything to music she'll remember it after hearing it only once, she is VERY VERY smart and compassionate. She is kind and caring and is a big help to me. I love her so much. She seemed to feel much better after we decide to try and tackle that jump roping thing. And together we decided her fourth thing should be a microphone.

I related the story to Dan and he was like "...um, does that remind of you of anyone?"

great, I've already passed my neurosis onto my children.



No comments:

Post a Comment